The objective of our Private Policy is to:
- Insure the protection, security, and confidentiality of non-public customer information.
- Protect against loss or destruction of our customer information.
- Protect against unauthorized access to or use of customer information.
- This Policy explains what personal information we collect about you, with whom we share it, and how you can elect in certain situations to not share information with third parties. "Personal Information" refers to information such as name and email that can be used to identify you individually.
- We may amend this Policy at any time, and whenever we do so we will notify you by posting a revised version on the Website. If, however, we plan to make a material change in the way we collect, use, or store your personal information, we will provide prior notice on our website, and by email. You will then have the chance to decide whether or not we will use or disclose your information in that new manner, whether through an "opt-out" procedure or by ending your relationship with us. Such changes will become effective, at the earliest, 30 days after the date of the email notifications.
- Minors (those under the age of 18 years) are not eligible to use our Service. We ask that minors refrain from using our Service or submitting any personal information to us.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should contact us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will collect the following information about you when you register on our site or mobile app, make a transaction, enter information or interact with customer service which may include non-public personal information:
- Personal and financial Information you give us as a result of using the Service, such as your address, e-mail address, date of birth, telephone number, all or part of your Social Security number, bank account online login information, bank account number, and credit/debit card number. Under certain circumstances we will also collect and save information obtained from scanned copies of official identification documents, including your Passport, Drivers' License or state issued ID.
- Third party personal information you provide in order for us to facilitate funds transfers, such as your recipient's full name, physical address, email address, and phone number. However, we will not contact your recipients except as instructed by you or as required to complete a transaction. This information is only used for the sole purpose of completing your request or for whatever reason it may have been provided.
- Information about your usage of the Service, including your transaction history, and how and to whom you use the Service to send or receive money;
- Information that we lawfully obtain from third parties, such as identity verification services, electronic database services, and credit reporting agencies;
- Information that we indirectly obtain from you, such as information about the hardware and software you use when accessing the Service, your IP address, and the pages you access on this website;
- Recordings of your communications with our Customer Service department, including telephone calls and electronic communications.
- Any additional personal information you provide to Dahabshil online, by e-mail, chat or telephone.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING DEVICES
WHY WE COLLEC INFORMATION
We collect your Personal and Non-Personal information and will retain it for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Service. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our State and Federal legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. The information collected is for the following purposes:
- To process your transactions.
- To verify your identity.
- To collect payment for your use of the Service.
- To track, improve and personalize our Services, content and advertising
- To troubleshoot problems with the Service.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as those relating to "Know Your Customer," and Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service.
- To create an account connection between your Dahabshil account and a third-party account or platform (such as your online bank account);
- To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers
- To collect survey information that will be used to monitor or improve the use of our Service and overall customer satisfaction.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
Nevertheless, we may share information about you (including nonpublic, personal information) with:
- Third-party service providers under contract with Dahabshil Inc. that help us with our business operations, such as transaction processing, fraud prevention, marketing, market research, and validation of information provided. These third parties are prohibited from using your information for their own separate business purposes.
- In the event of the sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets, your personal information might be a part of the transferred assets. We shall notify you in the event of such an occurrence, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information, by placing a notice on our website.
- Law enforcement, government
officials or other third parties, but only
- in connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; and,
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent physical harm or financial loss, report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our Terms and Conditions Agreement.
- Other third parties that you
consent or direct, which may include you authorizing an account linking
for a third-party service, account and/or platform.
- Information that we share with a third-party based on an account connection will be used and disclosed in accordance with the third-party’s privacy practices. Before authorizing an account connection, you should review the privacy notice of any third-party that will gain access to your personal information as part of the account connection.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
You can access, modify, delete or update your personal information submitted on our Website by logging into your account and changing your preferences, by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us by telephone 1 866 428-7799. We will respond to your request to access within a reasonable timeframe.
We collect personal information from you if you participate in any research projects for us (by phone, in-person, electronic survey or otherwise). we will hold your name, contact details and any other personal information you choose to give us when taking part in our research projects.
We will use this information for our legitimate interests namely to conduct our research projects which may also help us to improve and/or develop our products and services.
We will share this information with:
- our staff (but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties and in line with the reason for processing);
- other companies within our group if any;
- our platform, database, and website hosting suppliers to enable them to maintain, protect, support and host those solutions which are used to store our research;
- various third parties who provide software and tools which are used to operate our business (including email, instant messaging, document/contract management and file-sharing);
- Other third parties in the event of the sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets if your personal information is part of the transferred assets (we shall notify you in the event of such an occurrence, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information, by placing a notice on our Site).
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider (amongst other things):
- obligations and/or retention periods imposed on us by applicable laws and/or our regulators
- the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information
- the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, and
- the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and system and performance information.
We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
We collect your location-based information for the purpose of locating a place that you may be searching for in your area. We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service.
We may share your geo-location data with third parties for the purpose of them serving you ads for places (such as restaurants) in your area. If you do not wish to allow us to share your information in this manner please opt-out by contacting us at Customersupport@dahabshilusa.com.
You may opt-out of location-based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level or by emailing us at Customersupport@dahabshilusa.com.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
We employ industry accepted standards in protecting the information you submit to us through our branch or agent locations, Website and Mobile App.
We have put in place SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology to protect your sensitive information such as bank account number, credit card number, date of birth and Social Security Number, transmitted through our Website/mobile App. We also require a username and password from each user who wants to access their information on our Website/Mobile App. Although we try our utmost, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We also dedicate trained resources to the development, implementation, and maintenance of the security program to identity and respond to any security threats or data breaches
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
CHOICES YOU CAN MAKE ABOUT OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict all types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from certain types of data sharing, the only type of sharing of your personal information that you may restrict is as follows:
You may opt-out from promotional emails to you by selecting the "Unsubscribe" function present in each email we send you.
LINKS TO 3RD PARTY SITES
We use a chat feature to answer questions about our service and assist you with our website's functionality. If our chat feature is offline we will collect your name and email address so that we may reply to your request.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may amend this policy at any time, and shall notify you by posting a revised version on our website. Should we make a material change to the manner in which we collect, use or store your personal information, we shall provide prior notice on our website, or by email.
240 Bradenton Avenue
Dublin, OH 43017
1 866 428-7799
1 888 205-4042 FAX